Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Scenery... St John's Church


My writing muse has been totally non-creative for at least a week now. I have been very frustrated. However, while 'dancing' through the blogs this morning, I landed on a "Sunday Scenes" meme on Linda's ARE WE THERE YET?? It actually originates at Tarheel Ramblings. I thank both Lee and Linda for prodding me into posting something again.

This picture is of St John's Church which is located in St John's Parrish on Barbados. Last February, "R" and I were fortunate enough to be on a 12-day cruise to the Southern Caribbean. Barbados was the fourth stop. St Maarten, Antigua and Dominica were visited before Barbados; and St Kitts, St Thomas and San Juan, PR were after.

On weekdays, there are vendors hawking their wears in the parking lot -- it was a rather small parking lot indeed. On Sunday, the church is still used for religious services. We toured the island in a Mercedes van. There were 5 couples from our ship who hired a very well-spoken and very tall man and his driver (and wouldn't you know, I cannot remember his name at all). It was a great tour and we saw most of the island in about 5 hours. The scenery was awesome.


And since it is still Sunday -- I do tend to rise late and it takes time to jump start the engine some days -- I thought the pictures of St John's Church would be appropriate.


Thank you for stopping by.

BBSL

6 comments:

  1. Excellent contributions to Sunday Scenery, especially since they are from Barbados. Quite a few of the photographs that I have used on the Sunday posts were taken on a visit to that island on a 14 day cruise my wife and I took in 2006. Lots of great memories.

    Thanks for participating in Sunday Scenery and I hope you'll make it a regular thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful old church. I'm trying to figure out a way to afford a cruise as a present to myself for my 65th. Maybe I'll put Barbados on the list even if I end up with Catalina. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a beautiful church...

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely building. Haven't been to the islands in awhile and this makes me think about it...

    Mine's here:

    http://flamingofotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to be of inspiration to your muse who was taking a break!

    This looks like a lovely church and one that I would most definitely like to see in person some day if time and finances allow. Like Jamie, I would love to be able to take a cruise one of these days and maybe if I start saving now, I could afford one for my 55th birthday in 4 and a 1/2 years!

    Got any patience I can borrow??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate your comments.