Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More Daffodils *smile*



I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars
that shine and twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
in such a jocund company:
I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
what wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.



Since I took up residence in Sacramento, I have been happily surprised with January daffodils. By February 1st, I have many of these happy flowers waving in the front garden bed and helping rid the spirit of the doldrums of winter. I know winter isn't over yet because we NEED MORE RAIN!!! But they are a happy reminder that spring is coming.

I hope you enjoy my daffodils too. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. they are lovely and make me happy too!

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite flower of them all. You can overnight a few to Tacoma. We won't be seeing any for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. We won't have daffodils up here in Portland until March. I love them, they're so joyful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate your comments.