Friday, April 5, 2013

Current Happenings in the life of a Crochet-aholic


I am currently filling my life with charity work. I have found that keeping yarn and a crochet hook in my hands, keeps my hands out of the "cookie Jar". 

I crochet with a purpose - usually LOL.  So far I have been contributing to Project Linus (Sacramento); Handmade With Love Especially for You (a non-profit in Southern California that distributes comfort scarves and baby blankets to Women's Shelters); CCE (Charity Crochet Exchange) for whom I crochet afghan squares that go into making blankets for different charities - usually one a month.  CCE just finished a 2 month project providing 50 lapghans to a nursing home in Missouri.  I also make chemo caps and newborn hats for local hospitals.

So I am reinventing my blog to "brag" about what I am doing when I'm not here... or on Facebook.  I also want a place where my family and friend can see why I really am doing something creative while helping others. 

Now I must get ready for my Friday mornning Knitwits circle at the local library branch.  It's only take me 8 years to find a social outlet here...

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful Carol. It's good to know that you are well and doing what you love. Would love to see some of your work too.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate your comments.