Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MY PACKAGE ARRIVED

AND I am all smiles....

The yarn: 
The reds (bright and not so bright), whites, blue and varigated are for my grandson's afghan.  I already had the navy blue.  After working many color combinations and patterns, I have decided on the following pattern and color combinations:

The navy works better in this pattern and there is not so much that my eyes will rebel.  I may or may not add the varigated around the outside edge. The squares are 12", so I may only need to make 20 of them. That will make the afghan 4' x 5'.  Now to get it finished before October. 

In my "box of Joy," I also found two prize possessions (for a crocheter, that is).  
These are lighted crochet hooks. I bought them for working on darker colors -- like that darn navy blue and, of course, black. 

The rest of the yarn will go into making squares for Charity Crochet Exchange.  I know I promised more information about that organization... perhaps tomorrow.  

I also got a bit daring in April and tried some new  patterns.  The one I like most is a shawlette.  One finished and one in process... 

I have no idea what I will do with them, but I always have a stash of finished projects.  

That's it for today... thanks for stopping by 



3 comments:

  1. Well if you're happy then I'm happy. I'm sure we'll get to see your grandsons finished project? I hope so.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it. Welcome back to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for your blog roll, most of my postings are now on Jamie's Place

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate your comments.